The success of a business depends on multiple factors, and customer satisfaction is one of them. Smart businesses know that engaging a customer is an art and thus, most of them are making customer service as one of their priorities. After all, customers are like the lifeblood of a business!
The more you please your customers, the more loyalty they generate towards your brand. Not just that, but these same loyal customers will become your virtual brand ambassadors unknowingly!
It is one of the main reasons why companies treat their customers with so much care and give them so much importance. According to a study, companies can lose up to 45% of their customer value, due to a lack of customer satisfaction!
Hence, they are trying to measure the satisfaction of their customers by different means, and Customer Surveys are one of them.
“Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” ~ Damon Richards
So today, we’ll tell you everything, you need to know about a customer survey. We will also share with you some interesting tips to keep in mind while creating one of your own!
What is a Customer Survey?
Customer surveys are used to measure how your client feels about your business, products and services they provide.
These surveys come in multiple formats, and you can use them to divide customers based on feedback scores, relative satisfaction scores, or gain insights for customer experience improvements over time. They are also used to gauge how your customers enjoy their unique experience with your product and service.
Why Collect Customer Feedback?
Customer surveys provide you with the feedback you need to make quick and better decisions. In fact, a study shows that businesses that weigh customer feedback are 33% more likely to succeed! In addition:
- Asking customers to take a survey for feedback allows you to identify potential issues faced by your business, both at the individual and organizational levels.
- A well- defined consumer survey document helps you understand customer’s likes, dislikes, and what areas require improvement.
- Anytime you and your team come up with surveys there’s a reason those questions and question styles are chosen- To showcase customer value and experience.
- A survey helps you keep track of the various responses that you’ve received over time and understand the reasoning as well as the results of those responses.
- A customer survey motivates your employees to meet the client’s needs. And, if you’re building a new product or expanding an existing one, customers can provide you with authentic feedback about problems that would have otherwise been missed.
What You Should Include in the Customer Survey Project?
A typical Customer Survey should include the following components-
Title: Title of Project
Goals: Explain what you want to get out of conducting this customer survey.
Timeline: What is your timeline for completion?
Team: List out the team members involved with this project.
Directions: Let your team know how they need to collaborate on this project is.
- Step 1: Finalize Survey Questionnaire
- Step 2: Delivery Method
- Step 3: Submission Form
- Step 4: Track Results
- Step 5: Observations
- Step 6: Next Steps
Tips to keep in mind while creating a Customer Survey
The perfect customer survey gathers all the responses that come in, evaluates them and assists you with processing changes in your digital marketing plan. Therefore, to show your reader the value of their time and insights, we have curated a list of best practices to keep in while creating a customer survey!
Let’s dig in!
1. Define your goals
What is the purpose or aim of your customer survey? You need a well-defined objective before you start drafting survey questions. The goal could be to improve a particular service or if you want detailed feedback about your website services?
2. Draft your questions
To get the best results, draft a survey with not more than 5-10 questions. Customers usually have limited attention spans, so if you attack them with a flood of rapid-fire questions, your bounce rates can increase rigorously.
As you’re writing down the questions, let the customer expand their thoughts. “Yes/no” won’t be very insightful!
4. Set up your survey
Now, it’s time to combine all the components and questions together to form a beautiful customer survey. If you are a talented programmer or skilled enough, you might be able to create your own customer survey form or embed it on your website through coding.
And if not, then you can use a pre-built customer survey template like the one mention in the bottom and not worry about creating one from scratch!
5. Review it
Before you start sending surveys to your customers and recipients, make sure you review, proofread it, and take a trial test. Have a fellow employee or a family member take a test to figure out any errors. Then make changes or adjustments if necessary.
6. Publicize your survey to recipients
Finally, your survey is ready to go, get the word out to your customers and readers by promoting it on:
- Your own website
- Inside your email marketing messages
- At the end of your blog posts
- Within email signature
- On your social media platforms
Keep in mind that, customers might not have the time to attend your survey when they first see it mentioned. It’s crucial to market it in different places to ensure the highest possible completion rates.
Read more: How To Create A Customer Service Policy
Create a Customer Survey the Right Way with Bit
After learning about all the key pointers on creating a customer survey, we know you are excited to get on with creating one. However, what is the purpose of knowledge if you don’t have the means to deploy it? That’s why we would like to introduce you to Bit, the smartest document collaboration tool to help you create a strong marketing strategy!
Bit.ai is a new-age document management and collaboration tool that helps teams to collaborate, share, track and manage all information in one place. It’s the perfect tool to create, store and share your questionnaires. Apart from surveys, one can create everyday documents like ebooks, case studies, onboarding docs, fact sheets, sales decks, project proposals, media kits, and many more.
Bit has an amazing UI that’s easy to understand by a new user, making onboarding easier. The user experience is phenomenal too as things flow from documents to workspaces swiftly.
Still not sure how Bit can help you write an impressive list of questions to help you execute that customer survey? Let’s see some more of Bit’s awesome capabilities!:
- Collaborate in real-time– Multiple people can simultaneously collaborate on a Bit smart document in real-time. Suggest edits, work collectively and ask questions with real-time mentions, and comments.
- Interlink customer survey documents and other documents– Now, you can interlink your document with other important assets that are supposed to be posted like swot analysis, sales funnel and more on the web or inside the platform.
- Minimalistic design – Bit’s editor allows you to focus on writing and the work you’re implementing, without any distractions. The platform interface is easy to understand, making it easy for new visitors to get onboard quickly.
- Create a fully interactive document– Make your document more engaging and interactive by adding recommended power links and files to your customer survey, like- Web links, PDFs, PowerPoint in Google Drive/OneDrive, Draw.io, LucidCharts, etc.
- Track engagement on shared customer survey projects with clients, partners, etc.- Imagine if you were able to track the time spent by others on your document, how frequently they were viewed, and if they were viewed at all. Well, Bit allows you to track your documents and gain amazing insights, helping you create an even better version of your documents.
- Automated table of contents- Bit also has an automated table of contents based on the headers you add to your document. This makes sure you can scroll to different sections of your customer survey quickly as a reader, collaborator, and for your audience viewing the final published document!
- Multiple ways to share: Bit documents can be shared in a live state meaning that all changes that you make to the document will update in real-time. If you are sharing your documents with clients, they will always get your most up-to-date changes. You can even embed Bit documents on any website or blog. Since Bit documents render and are responsive, any changes made to these documents will reflect live on the site! Moreover, features like document tracking, password protection, file access restrictions, etc. help keep your customer survey and other workplace documents safe.
Now, that you have learned everything about a customer survey and how to create one, feel free to check out Bit’s amazing customer survey template to make the process of taking feedbacks a success!
To make the process of crafting a customer survey easier and fun, we have created a ready-made template for you! Check it out below:
How to use Customer Survey Template with Bit
The process of creating a customer survey document on Bit is insanely easy! Just follow these four simple steps to create a customer survey document quickly:
Step 1: Create a Bit Account
Go the home page of Bit.ai and click on Get Started for Free or Sign Up to get started. Enter your email address to sign up. Once in, you can create your personal profile.
Step 2: Create a Workspace
Workspaces are where the work gets done. Click on the ‘Create Workspace’ button on the right. A popup will show up prompting you to add a name for your new workspace.
You can create a workspace around a team, department, large project, client, partner, etc. Inside each workspace, you can create an unlimited amount of Bit documents and access your content library (storage area for all of your digital assets – web links, files, cloud files, rich embeds, etc.).
Step 3: Add Team Members
Bit allows your team members to collaborate in real-time and get work done. Collaboration starts at the workspace level.
You create private workspaces by default. However, you can invite others to join you inside of a workspace and collaborate together with the knowledge, projects, documents and content inside of the workspace.
Step 4: Create Your Desired Document
Once you are in the workspace, click on the ‘Create New’ button. Select ‘From Template’ in the dropdown. A pop up will display allowing you to select a template from the gallery.
In the search box on the top left corner, you can search for “customer survey template”. Once your desired template pops up, click on it and click on the “Use Template” button on the bottom right corner.
That’s it! Your customer survey document is ready for use!
🎥Watch this video to learn more👇
Your customers and readers are the company’s driving force, and getting to know about their feelings and expectations towards your business and brand can only help you succeed.
Customer surveys are a very smart way to get genuine feedback, as long as you use the information for improvement! We hope these tips were helpful enough to get the most out of your customer response!
If you need any help with our customer survey template or have any other questions, let us know in the comments section below or tweet us @bit_docs. Cheers!
Bit.ai is the essential next-gen workplace and document collaboration platform. that helps teams share knowledge by connecting any type of digital content. With this intuitive, cloud-based solution, anyone can work visually and collaborate in real-time while creating internal notes, team projects, knowledge bases, client-facing content, and more.
The smartest online Google Docs and Word alternative, Bit.ai is used in over 100 countries by professionals everywhere, from IT teams creating internal documentation and knowledge bases, to sales and marketing teams sharing client materials and client portals.